Write an Essay describing the social and political climate on the eve of the Revolution..
1. Write an Essay describing the social and political climate on the eve of the Revolution. Explain the differences between British and American political philosophy. Explain ways that the North American colonists began to feel themselves as Americans rather than as British subjects.
2.Describe the first responses of colonists to the new British regulations. Describe the punitive clamp-downs imposed on the colonies by the British Parliament and the resistance on the part of the colonists.
3.Describe the situation of those colonists who remained loyal to England. Explain their rationale.
4.Describe the problems facing the British army that, in spite of their superiority in training, numbers and staying power, eventually brought about their defeat.
5.Read and study the Declaration of Independence carefully, then show ways
in which this was a revolutionary document and ways in which it was not.
Analyze the Declaration of Independence as a political document and as a humanitarian statement.
Sources: Major Problems in the Era of the American Revolution, 1760-1791 : Documents
• Edition: 2ND 00 • Brown, Richard D.
Glorious Cause : American Revolution : 1763-1789
• Edition: (REV)05 • Middlekauff, Robert
Brilliant Solution : Inventing the American Constitution
• Edition: 2002 • Berkin, Carol
Decision in Philadelphia
• Edition: 2007 • Collier, Christopher