This week, you will produce an introductory paragraph with your thesis statement and an annotated bibliography for the Final Research Paper.
Thesis Statement: Generating a thesis statement is perhaps the most important part of the research paper process. It is essential for you to craft a strong, defendable thesis statement upon which you will base further research. Include your thesis statement within an introductory paragraph.
Annotated Bibliography: The purpose of the annotated bibliography is to assist you in developing research analysis skills including critical thinking, writing, and literature research skills. The annotated bibliography should include the following information for each source:
- Name of the article, including the complete bibliographic citation, using APA format.
- Summary/abstract of the article – annotation (sometimes it is helpful to ask yourself the following questions in synthesizing the information):
- Who? (author)
- What was done? (e.g., an experimental study investigating the interaction of short term memory and attention)
- How? (was it done)
- What were the findings? (identify the major ones)
- Contributions? (new findings, applications, etc.)
Final Research Paper Due 11/20
The Final Research Paper is a research study addressing a country mentioned in the course. The Final Research Paper provides you with the opportunity to demonstrate the understanding of how cultures and politics affect one another, and ultimately affect social change.
Within the Final Research Paper, address the following:
Select a chosen culture within the developing or developed worlds listed below; or alternatively obtain your instructor’s permission to analyze a culture not listed. Describe the culture’s political system.
Identify a problem within the selected nation’s culture.
Determine how the political system and the culture affect solutions as well as and the development of policies regarding the identified problem.
Potential nations to be examined:
The paper must be eight to ten pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style. You must use at least five scholarly resources,