Choose one of the two assignments to complete.
Directions: Research the creation myths of one culture you may choose. *You are not restricted to Native Americans only.
Please consider the following as you approach this assignment:
- Allow this assignment to be a low-pressure assignment that is fueled by your desire to discover. Sounds simple, and it is!
- The paper should be possibly two typed pages, double spaced, and size 12 font.
- Add citations (either MLA or APA – your choice) because you will be borrowing information from the sources used.
- You probably will have about five resources for the paper.
- When I grade the paper I will be grading it holistically rather than comprehensively based on the following:
Accurately interprets evidence, statements, graphics, questions, etc
Identifies the salient reasons and claims
Thoughtfully analyzes and evaluates major points
Draws warranted, judicious, non-fallacious conclusions
Justifies key results and procedures, explains assumptions and reasons
Fair-mindedly follows where evidence and reasons lead
Directions: Myths are pieces of literature that embody a people’s cultural ideals or deep, commonly felt emotions to explain a natural occurrence, incomprehensible event, or larger-than-life story (think about Greek mythology). Often, they include supernatural beings, ancestors, or heroes.
Using the information above along with the sample readings (located in the assignment folder), consider then select one natural phenomena and create a myth that explains how this phenomena was created. Set your myth in a place that resembles the natural world or human society, but where magic runs strong and consequences are vast for example.
You my choose to write your story or illustrate it using powerpoint, create a web page, etc.