the Market Day
The tasks have been dived into 3 phases, the first phase is to define the major scopes for the project and also identify all the requirements, resources and possible
risk for each task. This phase doesn’t have any dependency with the other phases and therefore can be conducted before the date given for the Market Day. The other
2phases however, can only start after the first phase (planning) is completed.
The 3 phases for the Market Day project are as follows:
Phase 1: Planning
Task 1: Define the Scope of the project
– Displays a brief understanding of the management towards the project.
– If not completed or completed incorrectly, the desired goal is harder to achieve and the project may fail.
Task 2: Identifying/Organising Resources
– Obtaining knowledge on the resources (tables, traffic signs) that the project has a relationship with.
Task 3: Budget
– One of the most important tasks to help understand the available monetary resources the project can use.
Task 4: Organization of Deployment
– This involves an assessment of the area to which the resources will be transported to, this requires members of the team to visit the site of the market.
Task 5: Transportation
– Organising how and when the resources (tables, signs) will be transported to and from the market place.
Task 6: Organization of Traffic Signs
– Similar to task 4 but a team member will assess the streets and roads near the market area
– This involves validation with the council for permission to deploy signs.
Task 7: Assess Damages
– Assess damages to tables and street signs
Task 8: Prepare with council
– Organization of dates/times/permission/resources with council for deployment of the project.
Phase 2: Morning of Market
Task 1: Assess Area
– General assessment of the area of the market as well as assuring the location of resources to be transported is properly secured.
Task 2: Deploy Traffic Signs
– Traffic signs to be deployed for people attending the market.
– Once deployed validation from the council is required.
Task 3: Assess Damages
– Area of market place where tables are deployed is to be assessed for previous damages.
– All damages to be validated with council.
Task 4: Transport Tables
– Tables and signs to be transported to the market area.
Task 5: Deploy tables
– Teams members to deploy tables for stalls
Task 6: Assess Damages
– Area of market place is to be assessed for damages after the deployment of the tables.
Phase 3: Afternoon of Market
Task 1: Transportation
– Arrangement of transportation to collect tables and signs
Task 2: Packing of tables
– Tables are to be packed and placed ready for transport
Task 3: Packing of signs
– Signs are to be collected from market streets and placed ready for transport
Task 4: Clean location
– Market Place to be cleaned as it was before the market was conducted
Task 5: Assess Damages
– Area of market place is to be assessed for damages after the packing up of tables.
The milestones of the project are as follows:
– Plans of logistic support is organized
– Tables are safely transported
– Signs are sagely transported
– No damages to the location or resources
– No injury to any team members
– Stay within budget
– Tables are correctly deployed before 8am
– Tables are correctly packed after 3pm
– Location returned to original condition by 5pm
Red – Very high risk tasks. Needs immediate and careful attention
Yellow – High risk tasks. Need careful attention
White – Need to be dealt with in a timely manner
1. Valuable part time labour work salary ranges between $20 to $40. Hence, the assumed salary per member is $35 per hour. In weekends salary will be doubled to
2. Various truck rental companies provides truck for $50 to $80 per hour. Assuming the rental might increase and considering the goodwill of rental company, the
rent is determined to be $70 per hour. Assuming it takes only 30 minutes to take one trip from council to the location, it takes 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in
the afternoon. However considering loading and unloading time, the rental of truck is determined 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon.
3. Cleaning material costs approximately $100 in any supermarket.
4. SMS cost, phone and internet bill used for the job is determined to be $50 in total.
5. Every day after the market hours a damage assessment report needs to be produced. Person doing this documentation is entitled to get $60 per documentation.
6. Any damage during work needs to be insured. Insurance of such big events (including transport) costs about $1500 from any insurer.
7. City council will provide money to Swinburne University of location rent and any other cost incurred during the market hours.