To simplify completing this milestone, utilize this template to help you write your essay. You may use
each heading as a starter sentence and then discuss the legal issues presented in the fact pattern, using
the following terms. Be sure to explain and elaborate how each term applies to the story. Be sure to
incorporate the facts of the case into your explanation and analysis.
Remember that the document you submit should follow the formatting guidelines described in the
Milestone One Guidelines and Rubric document.
A. The appropriate court for this lawsuit depends upon several factors. Three important
considerations include the following:
1. Personal jurisdiction. Define personal jurisdiction and explain how it applies to the
facts of this case.
2. Subject matter jurisdiction. Define subject matter jurisdiction and explain how it
applies to the facts of this case.
3. Minimum contacts. Define minimum contacts and explain how it applies to the facts
B. Alternative dispute resolution (ADR) may be an option to resolve this dispute.
1. Define ADR.
C. Language on the Funny Face website appears to limit any claim filed to arbitration as a means
of resolving the dispute.
1. Explain the pros and cons of arbitration for at least two parties to the case.
2. Explain mediation and whether it has any benefits in this case.
D., E., and F. Chris, Matt and Ian could be subject to corporate criminal liability. The primary
crime that exists in this case is that of fraud.
1. Define fraud and why or why not one or more parties might be held responsible for
2. Can you identify any other defendants and/or possible crimes in the story?
Elaborate and explain.
G. The ethical process of decision-making involves consideration of three key elements.
1. Identify the elements and discuss how they apply to some of the facts of this case.