One of the security improvements at Always Fresh is setting up a system recovery procedure for each type of computer. These procedures will guide administrators in recovering a failed computer to a condition as near to the point of failure as possible. The goal is to minimize both downtime and data loss.
You have already implemented the following backup strategies for workstation computers:
â€¢ All desktop workstations were originally installed from a single image for Always Freshstandard workstations. The base image is updated with all patches and new software installed on live workstations.
â€¢ Desktop workstation computers execute a cloud backup every night at 1:00a.m.
Consider the following for a computer that encounters a disk drive failure or some other error that requires restoration:
1. How much data has been modified between the last backup and the time offailure?
2. What images are necessary to recover theworkstation?
3. What are the steps necessary to fix the problem that cause the dataloss?
4. What steps should Always Fresh take to avoid a reoccurrence of this issue in thefuture?
Create a procedure guide that describes the necessary steps for recovering a desktop workstation computer. Fill in details for each of the following steps:
1. Describe the processesof:
a. Fixing the problem that caused the failure in the first place. Keep the description of this process general. Just address the problem and ensure the recovery process starts witha functionalcomputer.
b. Restoring the newly repaired computer to a baseworkstation.
c. Restoring local data for the specific workstation thatfailed.
2. Provide the steps to follow for each of the restore operations. Assume you will be usingthe Windows Backup and Restoreutility.
â€¢ Format: Microsoft Word (orcompatible)
â€¢ Font: Arial, size 12,double-space
â€¢ Citation Style: Follow your schoolâ€™s preferred styleguide
â€¢ Length: 2 to 4pages