This will be a rough draft. Needs to be 800-1200 words and after the paper is written should be able to answer most of these questions.
1. Introduction: How does the first paragraph introduce both the paperâ€™s topic and the writerâ€™s approach or general conclusion? Is the first sentence attention-getting and relevant to the topic?
2. What can you identify as a thesis statement? Suggest, if possible, a way to improve the introduction or thesis statement.
3. Structure: Can you identify the organization of the paper from the main idea of each paragraph? What are the main concepts explored in the paper? Does each paragraph make a relevant point that is distinct from what has already been covered? What are the main conclusions?
4. Clarity/Style: Did you find distracting grammar, punctuation, spelling, or word usage problems? Circle them and identify any patterns or themes you detect. Is the tone of the essay formal? If you find awkward sentences, try to explain why they donâ€™t make sense to you.
5. Resources: Does the author clearly identify his/her sources? Is proper in-text and reference format used?
6. What is/are the paperâ€™s greatest strength(s)? Explain.