students are required to prepare a paper of up to 10 standard pages on one of the policies of the European Union .
The paper should explore one policy of the European Union in terms of:
– its historical development, including: key phases of progress, major relevant Treaties amendments/ major relevant European Council deicsions;
– major areas of intervention at present;
– major instuments of intervention at present;
– overall assessment of the policy at stake;
– Bibliography + list of consulted Internet sources of information
Papers with no references to at least 3 analytical resources are not going to be graded.