You will compose an email to your manager about another company or organizationâ€™s corporate social responsibility programs for this project.
Williams & Marshall, LLC, delivers high-quality products and services, but the companyâ€™s brand is not well recognized. Your manager, Demita Williams, recently heard a radio show about corporate social responsibility (CSR). She learned that CSR efforts can improve the way people view a company. These efforts can also make employees feel more satisfied at work.Demita wants you to find opportunities for civic engagement that will match staff membersâ€™ personal values and the companyâ€™s mission.
Email to Manager
Your manager, Demita Williams, is interested in starting a corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiative to draw attention to the company brand.
She would like you to look at how other companies approach CSR. Then, send her a detailed email about what you learned. Include your personal experiences and some examples from other companies.
- Choose a socially responsible company or organization within your industry. Then, learn more about how it creates corporate social responsibility. By using different companies and organizations heres a few BMW group,apple,linkedin,lg electronics,starbucks,disney etc.
- Compose an email to your manager with what you have found. Be sure to address these points:
- Think about your own civic engagement and how it has impacted your life. How have past civic engagement experiences impacted your identity and future goals?
- For the company you chose, describe the organizationâ€™s corporate social responsibility initiatives. (This could include specific initiatives, how they started, and how they affect the way people see the company.)
- Explain how the company or organizationâ€™s corporate social responsibility helps employees participate in their communities.
- Connect company CSR initiatives to the way employees can grow personally and professionally. How did civic engagement support this growth?
What to Submit
Every project has a deliverable or deliverables, which are the files that must be submitted before your project can be assessed. For this project, you must submit the following:
- Email to Manager
For this 500- to 750-word (or 2- to 3-page) email to your manager, look at how other companies within your field approach CSR. Describe how different initiatives impact employeesâ€™ personal and professional growth.