- PowerPoint Presentation: Strategic Planning Visioning Session (Organization: American Red Cross) Organization: American Red Cross
- Mission: The current organizationâ€™s mission (American Red Cross)
- What are the mission, basic philosophy, and core values of the organization?
- Stakeholders: Organizational chart with key staff and internal and external stakeholders with titles
- Who are the key staff and internal stakeholders you would involve in this process, and why?
- Who are the external stakeholders that you would involve, and why?
- How will you use strategic and scenario planning to effect strategic change in the organization? Summarize the advantages and disadvantages of each planning tool.
- Process: Summarize the step-by-step process you will utilize when working with a board of directors or executive staff to conduct scenario planning. This can be a chart or model that you create.
- What types of questions might you ask to develop your framing questions?
- How will you negotiate agreement among key internal, and perhaps external, decision makers about the overall planning effort?
- External Environment: Identify the external future environmental influences on your organization within the next 5, 10, and 20 years.
- What are the political, economic, social, cultural, technological, and natural trends or driving forces that may impact your organization? (This slide should include scholarly and professional literature from multiple sources.)
- Strategic Goals: Imagine that you have completed a strategic planning and scenario planning process; identify the possible strategic goals of your organization.
- What are two strategic goals the organization would like to accomplish in the next 5 years, and why?
- What are two strategic goals the organization would like to accomplish 10 years from now, and why?
- How do these goals have a positive impact on your community, nation, or region?
- Scenarios: Imagine you have completed the scenario planning process. Build one scenario of a possible future for your organization in 20 years that is plausible and robust and that considers unpredictable events.
- Identify at least one alternative scenario to the one created based on your previous analysis of future trends that would be a â€œsurprise.â€
- References: A reference slide(s) in APA formatting listing all references used in the creation of the PPT.
- Using a 15- to 20-slide PowerPoint presentation (PPT), develop a strategic planning visioning session with a government or nonprofit organizationâ€™s board of directors or executive staff. Consider how you will formulate and sustain a collaborative environment among all levels of the organization to sustain the vision from executive leadership.
- You will assume the role of strategist as you direct your findings to the executive leadership members of your organization. As such, this could be a wonderful opportunity to help your organization grow and respond to the demands of the external environment within your particular industry.
- Please make certain comment within the Notesâ€™ section on every slide in order to expand on the bulleted points within your presentation (VIP requirement). You will also present this powerpoint as an audio file (which is worth 120 points); so make your presentation interesting and dynamic. I will upload a few Best Practices within the discussion forum at a later date. Please find time to review them.
- Organization: American Red Cross
Using a 15- to 20-slide PowerPoint presentation (PPT), develop a strategic planning visioning session with a government or nonprofit organizationâ€™s board of directors or executive staff. Consider how you will create a collaborative environment among all levels of the organization to sustain the vision from executive leadership.
In the role of leader and futurist during this imaginary session, you collaborate with the organizational and community stakeholders to move the organization in a new direction or to stay the current course, depending upon the organizationâ€™s mission, goals, and the imaginary visioning session. This is a time to envision the future and the potential for creating a viable outlook.
Presentation content: Include a minimum of one slide for each of the following. (Note: You may use more slides depending on your presentation.) Below is a list of slides to include in the presentation and the questions you should respond to in your audio portion.
(Use contemporary scholarly and professional resources beyond the references in the course. Use the Walden Library and scholarly peer reviewed information from professional organizations and government agencies for additional information.)
- Include 15â€“20 slides.
- Include page numbers.
- Condense wording so bulleted information stays on one line.
- Use images to engage the audience.
- Use the â€œNotesâ€ portion of each slide to create narrative detail with in-text citations.
- Use voiceover to narrate the presentation; the presentation should be between 12 and 15 minutes.
- Use a reference slide(s) in APA formatting.
Create a presentation that is scholarly, professional, and an example of executive leadership.