??The market for tablet PCs has expanded at an incredible rate over the last few years. The reasons for this are numerous, however low prices and the availability of new technology mean that even children now own and regularly use tablet PCs.
A number of companies are now offering tablet PCs. The marketing manager of a major tablet PC manufacturer wants to get an insight into the attitudes and behaviour of tablet PC users. The primary purpose of the survey was to ascertain what customers take into account when choosing a tablet PC and what determines their satisfaction with the product. In October 2012, a questionnaire was mailed to a random sample of 1,000 tablet PC users drawn from the customer database. To increase the return rate, a small prize draw of Amazon vouchers was used. To avoid sampling bias, a stratified sampling methodology was employed for both age and gender, as defined by the demographic make-up of the UK population. The SPSS data set which is named ?Tablet PC Survey_dataset? is attached
The data analysis section of your research report should provide the following information:
2. Providesomekeyfindingsforthesurveyusingdescriptivestatisticsonly(e.g. frequencies, means). Note: analyse the general information about tablet PC usage, e.g. type of tablet PC, brand, cost etc.
3. Analysewhethergenderhasanysignificanteffectsonrecommendation,emotions, tablet PC brand purchased and style influence. (Note: different analyses will be required depending on the level of measurement of the variables)
4. Carry out two factor analyses separately for the following variables: Importance questions (Importance1 to Importance 8) and satisfaction questions (sat1 to sat6). Interpret and name the new factors and test the reliability for each new factor. Report the results for these. Save the factor scores or newly computed variables (e.g. means calculated for the new factors) for further analysis.
5. Isthereasignificantrelationshipbetweenage,satisfaction(newfactor),importance (new factors), emotions and loyalty? Using evidence from the data set, discuss whether there is a possibility of predicting loyalty on the basis of satisfaction, age and emotions? What is a better predictor of loyalty ? emotions or satisfaction?
6. Arethereanyadditionalinterestingfindingsfromthedatasetwhichmightberelevant in this research context? If you have carried out any additional analyses which are of interest to the research question, please add your results at the end of the report. Note: this could be additional descriptive results or analysis of significant differences between types of customer and importance and satisfaction etc. Only report significant results and findings which are of interest to the marketing manager.
To support your findings, you must use graphical tubular /tabular presentation which is most appropriate to the information being presented.
Summarise the key results from the analysis and give recommendations to the marketing manager on how to increase sales for tablet PCs on the basis of the results of this survey.
You are asked to:
* choose appropriate data analysis techniques, justify your choice and interpret the results. * provide results and interpret findings (use appropriate tables and graphs in your report to
illustrate the results clearly).
* structure them in a short marketing research report form which should look professional.
Your assignment is a research report and as such its contents should mirror those found in commercial marketing research reports. The specific section headings will be (i) executive summary, (ii) research questions with data analysis, and (iii) conclusions & recommendation.
A table of contents and appendices with the SPSS outputs used is required.
Format: The report should be typed using double-spaced Times New Roman size 12 Font on A4 paper with one inch margins. The main body of the report should not exceed 20 pages. In addition to this, a table of contents and appendices with data tables and the used SPSS outputs should be included.
OUT OF 100
Data analysis and Interpretation of results (quantitative methods chosen, presentation & interpretation)
Conclusions & Recommendations
Presentation & Structure (Overall
integration of different sections of the report, use of graphs and tables, grammar, spelling & use of language, Excellence & Overall Quality)
?No references needed, please use SPSS
follow the instruction carefully
Data from SPSS is attached
An example of other research marketing reports are attached
Please provide all SPSS tables finding in appendix