Part 2: PEER REVIEW (We’ll go over this in class on the Monday of Week 5):
Follow the(passed out in class).
Everyone will provide feedback on two of their colleagues’ drafts, and everyone will receive feedback from two classmates on their own draft. You’ll find out your groups in class on Monday of Week 5.
Plan to spend thirty minutes per paper. I recommend setting a timer. Don’t forget to save your work!
- Balance praise and constructive criticism.
- Don’t be skimpy — write out full sentences and ask questions.
- Your job is comprehension, not evaluation: have a conversation with the text, asking questions as you read.
- Do not comment on grammar, typos, or spelling errors.
- Do not line edit within the text or make any changes to the text. Your feedback should be in the form of marginal and summary comments only.
- Your job as a reader is to help the writer understand how their writing is being received by their audience.
Use the questions below to guide the summary comments you make on you colleagues’ drafts:
Summary Comments Guide
At the end of the paper (below the bibliography, copy and paste the following questions on to the page. Write your name and answer the following questions.
Reader name: [type your name here]
Your feedback on your two colleagues’ drafts is due before class on Wednesday, February 5.