- Apply key Organizational Behavior concepts to your career and professional life using real-life examples.
- Produce a concise report of 200-300 words.
- Follow S.T.A.R. steps as a guideline for telling your story and naming, defining, and applying OB concepts, models, and theories.
Situation: In one sentence, identify the situation in your career or professional life
Task: In one sentence, identify the task
Action: In one paragraph explain what action you took. Apply a theory, model, or concepts from your readings
Results: In one paragraph, explain the results/outcome of your action. Apply the theory, model, or concepts from your reading
- Include specific details to show how a selected theory or model relates to and provides insights into your experience. Does the experience support or refute the theory or model? How does the theory or model help you understand the experience?
S.T.A.R. Reflection Question:
- After reading this weekâ€™s Chapters 16 and 17 (see â€œOrganizational Behavior and Managementâ€) explain how one of the discussed concepts (e.g., change agents, resistance to change, a model of organizational change, change interventions) impacts your behavior in the workplace.
- What are its positive, as well as the negative, implications on your workplace behavior?
- In the context of the selected concept, do you believe that you might have difficulty working with others who behave differently? Why?
S.T.A.R. Reflection Paper Formatting
Situation (1 sentence)
Task (1 sentence)
Action (1 paragraph)
Results (1 paragraph)
Conclusion (2-3 sentences)