Read Company Case 5: GoldieBlox: Swimming Upstream against Consumer Perceptions on page 527 of your text
Answer the following questions: APA format, 500 word minimum
- Of the factors that influence consumer behavior, which category or categories (cultural, social, personal, or psychological) best explain the existence of a blue toy aisle and a pink toy aisle? Why? (20 Point)
- Choose the specific factor (for example, culture, family, occupation, or attitudes) that you think most accounts for the blue/pink toy aisle phenomenon. Explain the challenges faced by GoldieBlox in attempting to market toys that â€œswim against the streamâ€ or push back against the forces of that factor. (25 Points)
- Discuss the different segmentation methods that can be used in analyzing the toy market. GoldieBlox seems to have discovered an under-served segment. Describe this segment, and discuss the ways that GoldieBlox is attempting to address the needs. (25 Points)
- In the purchase decision for toys, often the person actually making the decision is an adult, while the user is a child. Describe how GoldieBlox attempts to address both the adult and the child involved in the purchase decision (15 Points)
- If GoldieBlox succeeds at selling lots of its toys, will that accomplish the mission of increasing the presence of females in the field of engineering? (15 Points)
- Armstrong, G., & Kotler, P. (2017). Marketing: An introduction (13th Ed). Pearson.