Each PoP activity has different components that you will include in the assignment. Review the specific steps in the textbook and modules/weeks (labeled with each activity). You do not write lesson plans for these activities; instead, you will create a cluster, concept web, or chart to show what is included in each step of the PoP. Include quality childrenâ€™s literature, state standards, and address a minimum of 1 of the 6 language arts in the assignment. Submit the assignment as one Microsoft Word document and not multiple documents. See specific instructions for each PoP below.
- Literature Focus Units (Module/Week 3)
- Select an award-winning book as the focus.
- Select 1 of the 6 language arts to focus on for this unit.
- Identify 3â€“4 language arts standards and grade level for this unit.
- Create a chart, cluster, or concept web to show your literature focus unit by following the 7 steps below. Include a current APA-formatted reference page.
- Step 1: Book selection
- Step 2: Standards
- Step 3: Activities (Use activities that would be appropriate for 1 of the 6 language arts in the circles.)
- Step 4: Differentiation
- Step 5: Digital resources/technology
- Step 6: Assessment
- Step 7; Schedule overview (when will this PoP be used during teacherâ€™s language arts instruction?)
- The title of the book must be placed in the center circle or top of the chart, with each of the outside circles/boxes representing the other steps.