Read the â€œEmployee Empowerment_Victor Voisardâ€ paper (provided below) and answer the following questions.
1. Read Page 1-2 (Introduction) and Describe the central research question of this research.
2. Read Page 4 (Research Hypothesis, the first three paragraphs only). Do the authors
specify their research hypothesis? If so, what are they?
3. In this hypothesis, what is the dependent variable and what is the independent variable?
4. Is the hypothesized relationship between them positive-linear, negative-linear, or non-
5. According to this hypothesis, which employees should be most satisfied?
a. Employees who are given no power in decision-making
b. Employees who are given only minimal level of power in decision-making
c. Employees who are given moderate level of power in decision-making
d. Employees who are given a high level of power in decision-making
6. Read Page 4 (â€œCommuting Timeâ€ paragraph). According to this hypothesis, which
employees shoud be most satisfied?
a. Employees who live near workplace
b. Employees who commute for about an hour
c. Employees who commute for about two hours
7. What should be the appropriate units of observation for this research?
a. Individual workers