Due Week 4 and worth 100 points
Note: This is the first of three assignments which, as a whole, will cover all aspects of the project life cycle relevant to your selected project.
You have been selected to be the Project Manager (for a project of your choice). The project that you decide to use should meet the key criteria of a project, such as (a) having a beginning and an end; (b) results in something being delivered to someone; (c) requires a series of activities that must be done to complete the project; and (d) requires resources (e.g., people, materials) to complete the work. The project can be one of a personal or professional nature and must last for at least nine (9) months. NOTE: You are prohibited from using projects that can found on the Internet, including projects found in places like CourseHero. All project submissions are submitted to Safe Assign for review.
In Assignment 1, you will write a three to four (3-4) page paper, in which you define the scope of your chosen project. In your paper you must:
- Provide a brief summary of your chosen project.
- Describe at least two (2) project goals and two (2) project objectives.
- Describe the project structure that you will use to manage the project.
- Identify the key customer(s) and at least two (2) stakeholders for your project. Discuss their roles and their impact to the project. Remember, you are delivering the project to your customer(s); however, there are others (stakeholders) who have a vested interest in your project.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the key concepts, processes, and components of project management.
- Develop a project plan including the critical elements of project scope and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).