- Read The Evolution of Special Education
- Thirty-five Years of Progress in Educating Children With Disabilities Through IDEA (IDEA in depth)
- Collaborating with Families
- The Difference Between IEPs and 504 Plans
Watch the following videos:
- Watch: History of Special Education (Links to an external site.) (history of special education)
- Watch: Historical Context of Children with Special Needs (Links to an external site.)
- Understanding 504 Plans
Purpose: The purpose of this assignment is to explain and understand the key components of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act (IDEA), and describe the influence IDEA has on family involvement in special education.
- For this assignment, you will need to create an account for popplet.com or download the Popplet Lite app on your iPad.
- Once you have your account set up, create a new popplet. Place in the main popplet â€œIDEAâ€.
- Then, create other popplets around the main one that explain each of the key components of IDEA.
- Lastly, create other popplets to describe the influence IDEA has on family involvement in special education.