Question-1 : In no less than 250 words, explain what is meant by an IDS and an IPS. How are they different? How are they connected to a network? List a few examples of IDS/IPS tools that are currently on the market. Respond to two other learners by the end of the week.
- 11.1 List and briefly define three classes of intruders.
- 11.2 What are two common techniques used to protect a password file?
- 11.3 What are three benefits that can be provided by an intrusion detection system?
- 11.4 What is the difference between statistical anomaly detection and rule-based intrusion detection?
- 11.5 What metrics are useful for profile-based intrusion detection?
- 11.6 What is the difference between rule-based anomaly detection and rule-based penetration identification?
- 11.7 What is a honeypot?
- 11.8 What is a salt in the context of UNIX password management?
- 11.9 List and briefly define four techniques used to avoid guessable passwords.
Complete your answers on a WORD Document
Reference : Attached PPT