How Land-based Weaponry Affect Military tactics and the Outcome of WWI.
The essay includes 12-15 pages of footnoted text (footnotes placed at the bottom of the page); Illustration my be added but put them on a separate page and they do not count as part of the page requirement; and a bibliography which does not count as a part of the page requirement.
Your pre-essay work is vital to your final essay. Review the professor’s comments on your primary source analysis, topic statement, thesis statement, and annotated bibliography of primary and secondary sources. Do not repeat mistakes.
Include an introduction with a thesis statement, the chronologically developed main portion of the paper, and a conclusion. Do not add new information to the conclusion, but use it to summarize and analyze your ideas. Remember to write in a chronological fashion, using past tense, active voice verbs. Always add dates in a History paper! Remember to include the full name and title of a person when he/she is first mentioned. Use the person’s last name from henceforth.
• • Create a separate Word document and attach it to your Assignments submission. Label it: Last name, Final Essay.
• • Do not include a cover page. Place your name, class, and date in the upper-right corner.
• • Include a title, centered on the page.
• • Number each page consecutively in the upper-right corner.
• • Use a readable 12-point font, such as Times New Roman or Courier New.
• • Double-space the paper; do not space four times between paragraphs. Indent each paragraph five spaces.
• • All footnotes must be numbered consecutively and placed at the bottom of the page. Do not use endnotes. Remember: You must use the Chicago Manual of Style format. In every job you have, you will have to learn new programs and systems.
• • Include two historical illustrations, with captions under the illustrations that identify them, and give the complete citation. Maps may be essential to understanding your topic.
• • Include a bibliography at the end of the paper, divided into primary and secondary sources.
• • Write 12 pages of footnoted text. The two illustrations and bibliography are extra pages. Write complete, clear sentences. Use the active voice, past tense. Avoid weak, unclear “to be” verbs and verb phrases.
• • Remember: Write a neutral paper. Do not use “I,” “we,” “our country,” “the dear old US of A.”
• • Avoid slang and informal speech. You are being trained to write well for your careers.
• • Know the difference between the possessive and the plural usage of words.
• • Rely on a dictionary and a thesaurus. Avoid repeating words.
• • Proofread the paper before you submit it.
• • Do not add it to the textbox; it will be returned ungraded. Attach it as a Word document when you submit it to your Assisgnments folder.
• • Remember, if you need help: ASK.
No late papers will be accepted unless there is an extreme emergency and proper documentation is provided.