This is a take home essay weight a lot of points so I hope you can do you best. This don’t have to be a super professional paper, its only a 200 level class what you have to do is just maybe read some assigned materials and write the essay. ** you need to include 3 source only from the course materials** here is the access to the course materials
Anth215>files>readings ( there were some links on the syllabus so feel free to take a look on the syllabus I was either under >file or >module)
here is the instructions
READ THE DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY AND PLEASE FOLLOW THEM TO THE LETTER!
1. Your essay is to be titled Evolution of the Human Biocultural Adaptive Strategy. You may
include a subtitle if you are inclined to be creative, but this is not required.
3. This should be a polished, proofread diagram and paper.
4. Create a feedback loop to demonstrate the human adaptive strategy. You can create this diagram digitally or freehand. Your diagram must be clearly legible and polished in either case.
5. The feedback loop should include at least Fifteen (15) factors*, including biological and cultural factors (as well as, of course, those that are both- biocultural factors). Each factor should be labeled with one of the following:**
a. Shared with all mammals (Mammalian Adaptive Strategy/ MAS) b. Shared with all primates (Primate Adaptive Strategy/ PAS) c. Shared with all hominins (Hominin Adaptive Strategy/ HomAS) d. Shared with Genus Homo (Genus Homo Adaptive Strategy/ GHAS) e. Uniquely Human (Human Adaptive Strategy/ HumAS)
6. Choose ONE of the factors on your feedback loop, and write a 600-850 word essay explaining how this characteristic evolved (or not) in TWO different species of hominin. How has this factor influenced the evolution of hominin adaptive strategies? The word count applies to the essay section only- not the
diagram or the works cited.
7. Make sure your essay addresses feedback, and how the factor you have chosen to focus on is related to at least two other factors on your feedback loop.
8. The essay must EXPLICITLY follow the steps of the Scientific Method. You can use these as subheadings if you like (recommended).
9. The essay is to include “at least three (3) clear references to course material “(readings, lectures, discussions, films). You do not need full MLA or APA citations, as all material has been provided in class. Just be sure to give me enough information so that I can check your reference if I need to. 10. The essay must include a works cited. 11. Do not use any material from outside this course.
*We have covered more than 15 factors. Choose the factors you feel are most significant to the Human Adaptive Strategy. Be sure to include at least two factors from each category (a, b, c, d, and e).
**Please indicate if any factors are characteristics that have evolved along with us. For example, if you are including Brain Size as a factor, you would say that it began as PAS/evolved tremendously in GHAS/ and is maximized in HumAS. Use whatever verbage, code, or shorthand you like, but please DO clarify any factors that overlap different adaptive strategies and /or have evolved with us.