This assignment involves the four housing associations reviewed in Chapter 8 â€“ Housing Association Case Study of ERM in a Changing Marketplace (Pages 119-142).
The association data in chapter 8 was created in 2013, from real cases. It may help to investigate the associations selected online for updated information.
You can find these same associations using an internet search engine (Google, Microsoft Edge, Bing, etcâ€¦) and search each for additional information.
Select two housing associations covered in Chapter 8. For each of the two housing associations selected please answer the following questions.
- In your assessment, what are the biggest risks facing each association Note that â€œfor profitâ€ activities such as building houses for sale can also be subject to risk.
- Considering the list of products in the â€œBackgroundâ€ section (page 119-120), how do you rate their potential risks and returns for each association? The rating should consider how they stack up against the associationâ€™s charitable aims, viability constraints, and associationâ€™s operating environment.
- In the light of the associationâ€™s financial position and its charitable aims, how high should be the risk appetite of the association? Is one of the generic strategies listed in the â€œSector Issuesâ€ section (pages 120-122) appropriate for the association, and if not, then what is the associationâ€™s strategy?
- Apply critical thinking.
- Include a minimum of one quality SPC online library source to support your ideas as well as your textbook.
- Do not copy the questions. Use short headings to identify the topic of the question.
- Formal writing and all APA formats are required. Answer the questions in no more than 3 pages not including title page, and reference page.
- Submit the document to the dropbox.