Prior to beginning work on this discussion, review the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct and Statement of Commitment (Links to an external site.).
As an early childhood educator, you will often run into situations that require the application of NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct and Statement of Commitment. While this document is important, it can sometimes feel lengthy and hard to remember. Choose one the following methods to change this written statement into something more intriguing, interesting, and easier to comprehend:
- Rewrite the Code of Ethics as a pictogram and attach.
- Rewrite the Code of Ethics into a song or a poem and attach.
- Rewrite the Code of Ethics into a childrenâ€™s book using Storyjumper (Links to an external site.) and attach.
Rewrite the Code of Ethics into a poster for your classroom and attach.
For your discussion, attach your Code of Ethics revision and explain why you have selected this approach. If you have created a visual (such as a poster, book, or pictogram), explain in detail what your visual looks like and the word selections you used. If you created a song or poem, include the lyrics within your post.
Guided Response: Review your classmatesâ€™ posts and respond to at least two of them. Respond to the following points:
- One thing you liked about your classmateâ€™s original response.
- One thing you would suggest changing.
- One question you have after reviewing your classmateâ€™s response.
Could you use this in your classroom? Why or why not?