Write an introduction to a feasibility study. Complete the first two sections of a feasibility study based on a scenario of your choice.
A feasibility study in health care is part of a strategic plan designed to examine a need, or perceived need, within a health care organization. It is the process of investigating and analyzing the viability of idea and answering a broad range of questions. For decision makers, it is an essential element to prevent the wrong decision from being made, or to validate that the idea being studied is the right choice to make.For your feasibility study, you may draw upon an actual experience in your current workplace, or use the case study provided. If you choose to develop a study based on your actual work situation, please be certain that:
- You have talked to your supervisor, manager, or director to determine if the policies of your organization allow for the use of internal proprietary information.
- You have access to the data you will need to complete the study.
- The “Organization Background” section of the study provides enough information for a reader to understand the nature and complexity of your organization.
Many learners are employed by large, complex health systems; these cautions are provided to make sure you can meet the requirements of the feasibility study.If you choose your own workplace, please pick one of the following options on which to base your feasibility study. If you want to use a different situation, please contact your faculty.You have been asked by the CEO of your organization to develop a feasibility study for one of the following:
- To address a market opportunity.
- To mediate a systemic problem.
- To address an issue in quality.