Explain the unforeseen and serious in nature barriers and/or problems that caused the lack of Satisfactory Academic Progress. Supporting documentation to substantiate the circumstances identified within your appeal should also be submitted if applicable.
- You will need to discuss your hardships that caused your low grades in your first quarter. Remember, it is not enough simply to say what happened you will want to also discuss in detail how that directly impacted your ability to succeed in school. For example, if you were to say you were in the hospital for a week, you would also need to say that because you were in the hospital, you were not physically able to complete your coursework, or you didnt have the appropriate internet access.
- If your hardship was documentable, please include documentation with your appeal. If your documentation contains sensitive or personal information that is irrelevant to documenting your hardship, you are welcome to cross that information out. The Appeals Board will simply need to be able to tell what the document is, and what it is documenting.
2) Clearly illustrate the changes that have occurred which will ensure the circumstance noted will no longer affect your academic success moving forward.
- For each hardship mentioned in the first part of the letter, speak specifically about how it was resolved. If the hardships are ongoing, please describe in detail what specific changes will be made to promote your future success. If the hardships were medical in nature, please speak to how those medical conditions are impacting you now, if at all.
- This is a great part of the letter to talk about how well youre doing this quarter! This shows that your hardships from the first quarter are resolved!
3) Briefly state your reasoning for attending school as well as why you feel you are a candidate for reinstatement.
- Describe your goals for this degree, and why you are pursuing this program.