- Develop diagnoses for clients receiving psychotherapy*
- Evaluate efficacy of existential-humanistic therapy for clients*
- Analyze legal and ethical implications of counseling clients with psychiatric disorders*
- Analyze clinical supervision experiences*
* The Assignment related to this Learning Objective is introduced this week and submitted in Week 10.
For Part 1, select a client whom you observed or counseled this week (other than the client used for this weekâ€™s Discussion). Then, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
- Describe the client and identify any pertinent history or medical information, including prescribed medications.
- Using the DSM-5, explain and justify your diagnosis for this client.
- Explain whether existential-humanistic therapy would be beneficial with this client. Include expected outcomes based on this therapeutic approach.
- Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to counseling this client.
- Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
For Part 2, reflect on your clinical supervision experiences. Then, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
- How often are you receiving clinical supervision from your preceptor?
- What are the sessions like?
- What is the preceptor bringing to your attention?
- How are you translating these sessions to your clinical practice?