Read Walt Disney The Triumph Of The American Imagination
It has to contain critical analyses from the book (Walt Disney The Triumph Of The American Imagination by Neal Gabler). With merely descriptive writing you are not developing arguments, you are merely setting the background. You’re expected to go further and have the ability to read and write critically. In writing a book review, you combine the skills of describing what is on it, analyzing how the book covers the topic, and expressing your own reactions.
Main ideas and main topic like:
– Commenting critically on an article involves analysis and evaluation.
– What is the general field, and how does the book fit into it? (Use outside sources to familiarise yourself with the field, if necessary.)
– From what point of view is the work written?
– What is the author’s style? Is it formal or informal?
– Are concepts clearly defined? How well are the author’s ideas developed? What areas are covered/not covered? Why? This helps to establish the book’s authority.
– How accurate is the information in the book? What sources does it use? Check outside sources if necessary.
– Finally, what has the book accomplished? Is further work needed? Compare the book to others by this author or by others and complete your text with things you’ve learnt during the course. Background information helps place the book in context and aIDs criteria for judging the book.
***Consult AIDitional Sources
Try to find further information about the author – his/her reputation, qualifications, influences, etc. – any information that is relevant to the book being reviewed and that would help to establish the author’s authority. Knowledge of the period when the book was written can also be helpful to your review.
*** Prepare an Outline: Carefully review your notes and attempt to unify your impressions into a statement that will describe the purpose or thesis of your review. Then, outline the arguments that support your thesis. Your arguments should develop the thesis in a logical manner.
<span style="color: #ff0000;