English Essays | Free Essays on English Did you know the word ‘essay’ is derived from a Latin word ‘exagium’, which roughly translates to presenting one’s case? So essays are a short piece of writing representing one’s side of the argument or one’s experiences, stories, etc. Essays are very personalized. So let us learn about types of essays, format, and tips for essay-writing.
An essay is generally a short piece of writing outlining the writer’s perspective or story. It is often considered synonymous with a story or a paper or an article. Essays can be formal as well as informal. Formal essays are generally academic in nature and tackle serious topics. We will be focusing on informal essays which are more personal and often have humorous elements.
Types of Essays
The type of essay will depend on what the writer wants to convey to his reader. There are broadly four types of essays. Let us see.
- Narrative Essays: This is when the writer is narrating an incident or story through the essay. So these are in the first person. The aim when writing narrative essays is to involve the reader in them as if they were right there when it was happening. So make them as vivid and real as possible. One way to make this possible is to follow the principle of ‘show, don’t tell’. So you must involve the reader in the story.
- Descriptive Essays: Here the writer will describe a place, an object, an event or maybe even a memory. But it is not just plainly describing things. The writer must paint a picture through his words. One clever way to do that is to evoke the senses of the reader. Do not only rely on sight but also involve the other senses of smell, touch, sound etc. A descriptive essay when done well will make the reader feel the emotions the writer was feeling at the moment.
- Expository Essays: In such an essay a writer presents a balanced study of a topic. To write such an essay, the writer must have real and extensive knowledge about the subject. There is no scope for the writer’s feelings or emotions in an expository essay. It is completely based on facts, statistics, examples etc. There are sub-types here like contrast essays, cause and effect essays etc.
- Persuasive Essays: Here the purpose of the essay is to get the reader to your side of the argument. A persuasive essay is not just a presentation of facts but an attempt to convince the reader of the writer’s point of view. Both sides of the argument have to presented in these essays. But the ultimate aim is to persuade the readers that the writer’s argument carries more weight.
Learn more about Letter Writing here in detail.
Format of an Essay
Now there is no rigid format of an essay. It is a creative process so it should not be confined within boundaries. However, there is a basic structure that is generally followed while writing essays. So let us take a look at the general structure of an essay.
his is the first paragraph of your essay. This is where the writer introduces his topic for the very first time. You can give a very brief synopsis of your essay in the introductory paragraph. Some paragraph writing skills can be a help here. Generally, it is not very long, about 4-6 lines.
There is plenty of scopes to get creative in the introduction of essays. This will ensure that you hook the reader, i.e. draw and keep his attention. So to do so you can start with a quote or a proverb. Sometimes you can even start with a definition. Another interesting strategy to engage with your reader is to start with a question.
This is the main crux of your essays. The body is the meat of your essay sandwiched between the introduction and the conclusion. So the most vital and important content of the essay will be here. This need not be confined to one paragraph. It can extend to two or more paragraphs according to the content.
Usually, we have a lot of information to provide in the body. And the mistakes writers generally make is to go about it in a haphazard manner which leaves the reader confused. So it is important to organize your thoughts and content. Write the information in a systematic flow so that the reader can comprehend. So, for example, you were narrating an incident. The best manner to do this would be to go in a chronological order.
Learn more about Story Writing here in detail.
This is the last paragraph of the essay. Sometimes a conclusion will just mirror the introductory paragraph but make sure the words and syntax are different. A conclusion is also a great place to sum up a story or an argument. You can round up your essay by providing some moral or wrapping up a story. Make sure you complete your essays with the conclusion, leave no hanging threads.
Tips for Essay Writing
- Give your essays an interesting and appropriate title. It will help draw the attention of the reader and pique their curiosity
- Keep it between 300-500 words. This is the ideal length, you can take creative license to increase or decrease it
- Keep your language simple and crisp. Unnecessary complicated and difficult words break the flow of the sentence.
- Do not make grammar mistakes, use correct punctuation and spellings. If this is not done it will distract the reader from the content
- Before beginning the essay organize your thought and plot a rough draft. This way you can ensure the story will flow and not be an unorganized mess.
Solved Question for You
Q: What is a thesis statement of essays?
Ans: The thesis statement is a clear, one-sentence explanation of your position that leaves no doubt in the readers’ mind about which side you are on from the beginning of your essay.
List of 500+ Essay Writing Topics and Ideas
Essay topics in English can be difficult to come up with. While writing essays, many college and high school students face writer’s block and have a hard time to think about topics and ideas for an essay. In this article, we will list out many good essay topics from different categories like argumentative essays, essays on technology, environment essays for students from 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th grades. Following list of essay topics are for all – from kids to college students. We have the largest collection of essays. An essay is nothing but a piece of content which is written from the perception of writer or author. Essays are similar to a story, pamphlet, thesis, etc. The best thing about Essay is you can use any type of language – formal or informal. It can biography, the autobiography of anyone. Following is a great list of 100 essay topics. We will be adding 400 more soon!
Argumentative Essay Topics
- Should plastic be banned?
- Pollution due to Urbanization
- Education should be free
- Should Students get limited access to the Internet?
- Selling Tobacco should be banned
- Smoking in public places should be banned
- Facebook should be banned
- Students should not be allowed to play PUBG
“PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH ESSAYSQUADS WRITERS AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT”
Get the Best English Assignment Help that Guarantees Excellent Grades
The English language is an essential language that is beneficial to learn how to speak, read and write across the world today. This has prompted many scholars to take up various English language courses/classes to learn the language. These classes require students to complete multiple projects, assignments and English exams. For a lot of students, English classes/courses are very demanding many asking around “can you do my English homework?” Worry not, at Myessayplanet we advise our students and assist them through English Assignment Help because we understand how demanding the learning the fundamentals of the English language can be. What we offer is a perfect strategy to assist you to get help on English Homework to get an A grade for your course/class.
English Assignment Writing is a key skill used during admission in many academic institutions – colleges and universities. English assignments used by many universities and colleges to assess the level of knowledge and skills of their students. Scholars are often required to hand in English Assignments before they are due, a situation that put constant pressure. Such short deadlines can be very devastating to the grades of students if submitted late. Worry no more, place your order now.
The English Language
The English language is a dialect for communication that contains different alphabets both vowels and consonants. It is purposefully used in verbal and written communication across almost the entire world in many different forms. For instance, there exist a lot of literary compositions such as scholarly articles, journals, poems, songs among others in the English language. This language is considered by many people as a decent dialect and is used in both formal and informal communications because of the etiquette associated with it. Seeking English assignment help for your communication purposes can produce for any scholar a better understanding of their professional uses. Our team of English academic experts from myessayplanet are well equipped to help all students to comprehensively learn this language.
Types of English Homework Assignments
According to our English assignment help experts, English students are required to complete a wide array of English homework assignments to pass their course. Instructors and professors often assign students various types of English assignments online and in classrooms. To gauge the student’s use of the English language especially their use of their grammar, below are the various forms of writing which are assigned. English Essays | Free Essays on English
English Question and Answer
This is a style of English homework assignment designed to invoke the students’ acknowledgment and understanding of the necessities of the queries. Such assignments demand the students to brainstorm and thoroughly ponder on the correct answers. Many students often find such English QA homework to be difficult and answer the questions incorrectly. At myessayplanet our English homework help experts will examine your questions and provide you with well thought out English answers on time. Our English homework help online has been proven to be one of the best within the industry and available at affordable prices.
This type of English assignment requires the student to evaluate the English language and dialect. Language analysis homework helps the scholar to develop a proper understanding associated with communication theories and models. A comprehensive study of various communication styles of the language is essential to prepare the student to excel in this form of English homework. The English homework help online services from our academic experts will assist students to tactfully collect significant and relevant information on communication models, theories and their implementations. Here, English homework writers closely attend to your Online English homework needs so that your paper can be of the highest quality among your classmates.
For Essay Writing homework, students should adhere to a constructive outline or setup which includes sections such as the introduction, main body and the conclusion. The essay write-up encompasses a wide array of aspects and the student should include their arguments, facts and fitting case studies or illustrations from their research. Through our essaysquads experts, we provide English homework help for all students across the world. This is the best essay writing website to assist any English student to develop their English essay. Our services also include help on English homework for free especially when providing advice, through samples and appropriate scholarly reference materials. This has demonstrated a proven track of success in improving the grades of students,English Essays | Free Essays on English
Best Elements to Compose an English Assignment
Take heed of writer’s voice – Ordinarily, most academic writing assignments do not have an implication for the academic writer to utilize 1st person words such as “I or You.” The writer must construct the paper using a neutral point of view (third-person tone) in an attempt to explain their discoveries using research findings amassed from various sources. On many occasions when instructors permit the use of the writer’s own thoughts to construct the paper. These creative writing homework assignments necessitate the use of personal abilities/skills, information/understanding, experiences, ideas and thoughts on the specific subject chosen. Though on other circumstances, the scholar must provide supporting materials vividly for every point provided for the topic.
Flow of ideas – Ensure your paper has flow ideas that are throughout the various sections of your essay. This allows your reader or instructor to better understand your arguments and follow your flow of thought. Ensure that each paragraph introduced explores and interprets one new argument extensively. This implies you will not be required to combine different arguments and points within a single paragraph. One argument per paragraph.
Proving Examples – This is a universal tool to create a visualization for your reader. For example, if a student is writing about a healthcare subject like “how The Healthcare Bill has introduced affordable health care delivery” he/she must include appropriate statistics, charts and credible sources that support the points raised in the paper. Where the subject of the paper has a less serious tone, the writer can include a number of their own or other real-life experiences.English Essays | Free Essays on English
Numbering and Bullets – This is if not the best technique to summarize good ideas. Many papers permit listing ideas in academic formats therefore you can write list different points to separate and categorize your arguments. This is also a very efficient visualization tool to help the reader capture the writer’s flow of thought.
Word Count – The writer must ensure the final draft of their academic assignment abides by every requirement in the rubrics or the professor in regards to the number of words or pages in the writing assignment. It is important not to overemphasize since this results in unnecessary overwriting the paper.
Why Do Students Find Writing English Assignment Difficult?
As best English Homework writer and expert, the assignment in English language is not as simple as many might think. An individual must take heed in every sense of his/her learning both in the frame of construction and instructions provided and provide a meaningful output in each sentence. Furthermore, construction an entire paragraph and ultimately the essay draft students often encounter difficulties in writing their English assignments because of:-English Essays | Free Essays on English
1. Poor Writing Skills
it is expected of students to write excellent academic papers but many do not meet the required standards. Poor writing skills is one of the main reason; that is lack proper command of the English language, necessary vocabulary, and syntax. Without developed or proper writing skills which is a basic demand, these students will have difficulties to deliver high-quality papers.
2. Inadequate understanding of the topic
Students have to write on complex topics in their assignment and they are unfamiliar with most of them. And because of that, they fail to understand the subject matter clearly as well as to gather innovative ideas on it to put in the document. That’s why they form improper sentences to convey the correct information. This gets reflected in their work, and thus, they get poor grades.
3. Diverse Academic Papers
Students are required to write different types of academic papers throughout their educational journey such as coursework, essays, dissertations, and many other types. Due to this wide array of academic papers to be delivered, it is easy for them to get mixed up with the different formats, outlines and structural requirements required of them. it is easy for them to use wrong formats or guidelines for a specific paper. As a result, the student would create the wrong type of paper and get poor grades even when they satisfy other paper instructions and the content is great.
4. Not enough Practice
This is something that all students at one time in their education has heard from instructors “in order to be a better writer, you need to practice constantly.” Also “practice makes perfect.” Therefore for any student to sharpen or develop exceptional academic writing skills or even be a proficient in a particular discipline, practice the perfect tool to use. Most students fail to master this even after being aware that writing is the fundamental skill for their academic success.
5. Lack of Focus
Academic writing necessitates a lot of focus. This might sound a simple exercise but being a student with a lot of distractions around most students just falls short when in their writing their academic papers. Every person has their very own technique to develop proper focus in their studies. For instance, others could enhance their focus by exercising, listening to music, meditation, or any other activity suitable for them. Therefore once a proper focus or concentration is attained, the student will be able to write their academic paper sufficiently.
Topics of an English Course Work
Important topics which are mostly selected for English academic coursework are –
|Academic Essay Writing||Comparison and Contrast Essay Writing||Cause and effect Essay Writing|
|Descriptive Essay Writing||Exemplification Essay Writing||Classification and division|
|Narrative Essay Writing||Definition Essay Writing||Classification of Literature Novels|
Is There a Professional Writer to Help Me?
Absolutely there is. This is why you should Opt for English Homework Help for your academic papers.English Essays | Free Essays on English
Looking for English homework help is vividly necessary because of:
- Short deadlines and expert revision service – Our academic experts offer you fast English homework solutions online before the due dates in order for you to review the paper before handing it into your professor. We provide unlimited English homework help revisions free therefore in situations where you feel some changes are necessary you can contact us.
- English Homework Experts – We have a wide array of experienced and skilled English writers who are able to draft for you the best academic papers in your topic of interest within the English language and literature.
- Secure Payment System and Privacy – Our payment system is very simple and stress-free having been verified and with a two-step authentication system. This ensures your information is secure and we can provide you with trustworthy services,
- Plagiarism free – All papers which you receive are drafted from scratch through online and offline team of reviewers. Our assignments once completed are also checked through anti-plagiarism software to ensure they are 100% unique before they are sent to the student. This additional service is free and guarantees genuinely to our students.
- Inexpensive price structure- Our prices are fair and we guarantee great and affordable English writing services with top-class content, with a student pocket- friendly price structure so that all students can succeed from our English assignment help services.
When you will order homework help from us—like research papers or term papers on management or large pieces of writing on business studies—you will find the exact help you need. Just follow the link below and start your journey to success.English Essays | Free Essays on English