The movie “Escape Fire: The Fight to Rescue American Healthcare,” identified seven issues affecting our current healthcare system:
- Paying more, getting less
- Treating the whole person
- Preventing Disease
- An entrenched system
Please create a thoughtful and supported post addressing the points below. Let us all do our best to create thoughtful discussions and an open forum for all opinions.
- Pick 4 of the issues listed above and answer the following questions:
- How are these issues affecting our current system (spending/debt, Medicare, ACA, population health)?
- Who is responsible for these issues and correcting them?
- How can these issues be improved whether at a local/state (community health department), national (USDHHS), or global level (WHO)?
- Which of these issues fall under the Strategic Goals of the USDHHS and Healthy People 2020?
- What can we do as nurses?
- Your post should be at least 400 words.
- Use chapters 3 and 5 in your text and at least one scholarly article (not Wikipedia or a website).
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.