1. Go online and search for project life cycle models. Identify at least two that are different from the PMI model, and compare and contrast the phases. Be sure to cite your sources.
2. Software project decision point.
- You need to determine an interest rate to useâ€”select an interest rate and explain why you think this number should be used. Use it in your calculations in item 1.2.
- Given the information below on options 1 and 2, carry out three forms of analysis: breakeven, ROI, and NPV.
- Make a recommendation on which way to proceed, based on the TCO for each option.
- Option 1: Purchase the FunSoft package: Cost $200,000 for software and $85,000 for hardware in year one; with $50,000 to customize it and a $40,000 annual licensing fee for the life of the contract. There will be an annual saving of $61,000 due to the layoff of a clerk.
- Option 2: Purchase the SoftComm package, which will operate on the vendorâ€™s hardware: Cost $250,000 for a five-year license, payable half up front and half during the first year of implementation. The maintenance contract, at $75,000 a year, includes all currently identified modifications to the software for the first three years. The clerkâ€™s hours will be cut by half, for a saving of $25,000 a year.
In both cases, sales are expected to increase from the current $1 million a year, by 10% per year each year (over each yearâ€™s previous yearâ€™s sales) after full implementation.
1.Every paper typed in this course should be in APA formatting (title page, reference page, NO abstract page, in-text citations, running head, page numbers, Times New Roman 12 font, 1 inch margins, double-spacing, etcâ€¦).
2.References (this does not count toward the required paper length).Use only the attached material.