A. Watch the following videos
- Three important historical microbiology experiments (by SciShow, 4:35 min) (Links to an external site.)
- Biogenesis versus abiogenesis (by Educator, 6:35 min) (Links to an external site.)
B. Post a paragraph discussing one of the following questions (5 pts):
- Why do you think discussion between Biogenesis and Abiogenesis lasted for centuries?
- If you are asked to proved Biogenesis, what kind of experiment can you setup and what type of results will your expect to get and how would you interpret the results?
- What are critical steps in scientific methods? How important is the positive and negative controls?
C. Then, read your class-mates posts and reply to at least two of your classmates. Your comments should be meaningful (not simply “Yeah, me too” or “I agree”). (2.5 pts for each full meaningful response). Make sure you include following in your reply:
- start by greeting the class-mate by name
- contribute to one or two of his/her discussion point with your view
- Pose any related questions you might have
- your name
D. Answer any questions you might get from class-mates