Article Critiques Instructions
For each article critique, you will select 2 peer-reviewed articles no older than 5 years. Using concepts presented in the weekly reading and study, you will write a 12-page critique of these articles in current SPA format. For specific grading criteria, see Article Critiques Grading Rubric.
Article Critique 1
Locate 2 peer-reviewed articles no older than 5 years about ethics in policing administration. Provide an in-depth discussion of the findings in each article.
1. Based on your critique of the literary pieces, what might an ethical organization look like?
2. Specify the characteristics of training, leadership, and employees that might be expected in an ethical police organization.
3. Review the biblical themes in the presentation titled: Police (Part 1) found in the Module/Week 2 Reading & Study folder.
Discuss some of the challenges associated with organizations that are replete with corruption like racism and discrimination from a Christian and biblical worldview.
You will be required to write a critique of two case studies. Each case study critique will be between 35 pages in length, should discuss the major facts of the case, and should tell whether or not you believe the right decision(s) was/were made and why. The format of each case study critique should be as follows:
- Identify the important facts in the case study
- What decision(s) were made in the case study
- Do you believe the decisions were appropriate
- Discuss any alternative solution(s) to the problem and support those solutions with additional research (with similar cases)
- Make sure each section is labeled appropriately (Facts, Decision, Solution, Conclusion)
- Citation style: ASAP, SPA, Chicago
- All papers should use the following format: Times New Roman, 12 point font, 1 margins from left to right and top to bottom, double spaced, number pages, and include a title page