Project 1: Case Study
The student will evaluate the presence and efficacy of inter-agency collaboration and cooperation as factors in case outcome.
1. Read the following report from the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention:
Promising Strategies to Reduce Gun Violence
Baltimore Comprehensive Communities Program Baltimore, MD
2. Read the following report
The University of Maryland, Center for Substance Abuse Research (CESAR) downloaded from http://www.cesar.umd.edu/cesar/pubs/20010801.pdf
3. Respond to the following questions:
- A. Describe the positive aspects of the collaborative initiative
- B. What partner do you feel is less essential to the initiative and why? (Note None is not an option.)
- C. What criminal justice entity do you feel could have enhanced the success of the initiative?]
- D. What NON-criminal justice entity do you feel could have enhanced the success of the initiative?
4. Complete Project 1 (Case Study) in the following format:
- A minimum of three (3) full maximum five (5) full pages of narrative text
- Respond to the four questions (a, b, c and d) in item 3 above
- Support your work with a a MINIMUM of two (2) resources other than the class instructional material. Narrative and Resource page citations must be done in the American Psychological Association (APA) format
- A cover page (not included in the page count)
- Name of the student
- Name and number of the course
- Date of submission
- All other pages will be double-spaced, 1 inch margin, 12 font.
- The Resource page (not included in the page count) must reflec