- 2.5 Describe the key features of AIS software chosen (approx. 2-3 pp). Obtain a copy of the chosen AIS software brochure. Read the comments about the accounting software in the brochure in respect to those modules that the group has chosen to report on. Identify and describe the key elements and features that apply to each of the sub- systems under review.
Describe the minimum and suggested computer and network hardware and software that might be used and interfaces with other systems (from which it receives data or sends data). Include such details as hardware brand (e.g., IBM, Compaq), processor (80486, Pentium, etc.), operating system (e.g. Windows 7, Mac OS — include version numbers), database software (e.g. Access, Paradox, Oracle), network description (LAN, WAN, or both), and network software used (e.g. Novell). Describe the likely contractual relationship with the software vendor in respect to the AIS software chosen.
- 2.6 Document the system using narrative and flowcharts
- ? Prepare a one-page Narrative describing the operation of each of the sub-systems under review, it’s data flows, processes, forms, files and reports. (see, for example, the problem case study details for chapter 10 of the set text, pages 382 to 383 or perhaps the problem case study details for chapter 12, pages 475 to 476)
- ? Prepare a Level 0 Logical Data Flow Diagram, decisions (see, for example, chapter 10 of the set text, page 356 or perhaps chapter 12, page 448)
- ? Prepare a Document systems flowchart18 which is consistent with the Level 0 Logical Data Flow Diagram and Narrative (see, for example, chapter 10 of the set text, page 367 or perhaps chapter 12, page 461)