Supply chain management enables companies to work with suppliers to obtain materials needed to produce their own goods and services. Effectively managing supply chains helps companies streamline processes, cut costs, and maximize profits.
For this assignment, you’ll read and analyze a case study about Domino’s supply chain management. In a 6-8 page paper, you’ll identify how Domino’s uses its supply chain to gain a competitive advantage. You’ll examine how the supply chain creates value and how it is impacted when a company changes it focus. Lastly, you’ll provide a recommendation on whether Domino’s should apply its U.S. supply chain model to an expanding international operation.
Answer the following questions about the Domino’s case study:
- Describe how Domino’s supply chain creates value to provide a competitive advantage.
- What did increased transparency do for Domino’s? Were the risks worthwhile?
- How did the centralized supply chain model enable Domino’s to roll out new pizza recipes in the U.S.?
- Should John Macksood apply Domino’s domestic supply chain model to its expanding international operations? Explain and justify your recommendation, including its financial impact.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed and double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12) with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length. Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following grading criteria.