Some common biometric techniques include:
- Fingerprint recognition
- Signature dynamics
- Iris scanning
- Retina scanning
- Voice prints
- Face recognition
Select one of these biometric techniques and explain the benefits and the vulnerabilities associated with that method in 3-4 paragraphs.
Many people believe that the use of biometrics is an invasion of privacy. For example, an eye scanning device records the inner structure of a personâ€™s eye and stores that image in a database. Critics worry that databases of human traits used to maintain corporate security may actually pose a privacy threat to individuals, if such data were used in other ways. In your view, are such concerns justified? Why or why not? Write it in 200 words
- 10.1 What are three broad mechanisms that malware can use to propagate?
- 10.2 What are four broad categories of payloads that malware may carry?
- 10.3 What are typical phases of operation of a virus or worm?
- 10.4 What mechanisms can a virus use to conceal itself?
- 10.5 What is the difference between machine-executable and macro viruses?
- 10.6 What means can a worm use to access remote systems to propagate?
- 10.7 What is a â€œdrive-by-downloadâ€ and how does it differ from a worm?
- 10.8 What is a â€œlogic bombâ€?
- 10.9 Differentiate among the following: a backdoor, a bot, a keylogger, spyware, and a rootkit? Can they all be present in the same malware?
- 10.10 List some of the different levels in a system that a rootkit may use.
- 10.11 Describe some malware countermeasure elements.
- 10.12 List three places malware mitigation mechanisms may be located.
- 10.13 Briefly describe the four generations of antivirus software.
- 10.14 How does behavior-blocking software work?
- 10.15 What is a distributed denial-of-service system?
Complete your answers on a WORD Document
In no less than 250 words, describe a hacking tool that is used to gain access to a network. Explain how the tool is used, how it works and how a netwoprk administrator can prevent this tool from access the network. Respond to two other learners by the end of the week.