At Bayside Financial, where you work as a project manager, you have been asked to conduct user training sessions for a new information system. You must develop a specific schedule for the tasks (the estimated task duration for each is shown in parentheses):
- First, confirm arrangements for the training facility you plan to use (3 days).
- After you have confirmed the training facility, two tasks can begin at the same time: you need to send an e-mail message to all department managers announcing the training sessions (1 day) and you can develop the training material (5 days).
- As soon as the training material is complete, you can work on two tasks at once: arrange to have copies of handout material printed (2 days) and develop a set of PowerPoint slides (5 days).
- When the PowerPoint slides are ready, you conduct a practice training session with the instructor who will assist you (2 days).
- Finally, when the practice session is over and the handout material is ready, you can conduct the user training sessions (4 days).
- (5 pts) What is the correct total time?
- (35 pts) Create a Gantt chart that shows the WBS. (You don’t have to use any special software, you may create your diagram in powerpoint or word)
- (15 pts) Analyze the fact situation carefully to determine which tasks are concurrent and which ones are dependent on other tasks.
- (35 pts) Create a PERT chart that shows the project. Use a format similar to Figure 3-18 on page 82. (You don’t have to use any special software, you may create your diagram in powerpoint or word)
- (10 pts) What is the critical path for this project? How do you know?
10 mins ago