Contexts Project Draft 2 (Project Peer Review)
PART 1: Submit your CP Draft 2
Upload your paper to the discussion board below (1200 words minimum).
Your draft must be an MS Word file.
Now is the time to bring in more multimodal elements. Try out a footnote, add subheadings, or include a chart or graph. Remember that captions are vital to helping your audience understand why you included a particular image or chart, so make sure to include them when needed.
To post your paper, click “Reply” below and then click “Attach” in the bottom left corner (below the text box).
Your draft is due by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, February 2.
Part 2: PEER REVIEW (We’ll go over this in class on the Monday of Week 5):
Everyone will provide feedback on two of their colleagues’ drafts, and everyone will receive feedback from two classmates on their own draft. You’ll find out your groups in class on Monday of Week 5.
Plan to spend thirty minutes per paper. I recommend setting a timer. Don’t forget to save your work!
- Balance praise and constructive criticism.
- Don’t be skimpy — write out full sentences and ask questions.
- Your job is comprehension, not evaluation: have a conversation with the text, asking questions as you read.
- Do not comment on grammar, typos, or spelling errors.
- Do not line edit within the text or make any changes to the text. Your feedback should be in the form of marginal and summary comments only.
- Your job as a reader is to help the writer understand how their writing is being received by their audience.