For this Assignment, you will examine correlation and bivariate regression testing.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review this weekâ€™s Learning Resources and media program related to regression and correlation.
- Using the SPSS software, open the Afrobarometer dataset or the High School Longitudinal Study dataset (whichever you choose) found in the Learning Resources for this week.
- Based on the dataset you chose, construct a research question that can be answered with a Pearson correlation and bivariate regression.
- Once you perform your correlation and bivariate regression analysis, review Chapter 11 of the Wagner text to understand how to copy and paste your output into your Word document.
For this Assignment:
Write a 2- to 3-paragraph analysis of your correlation and bivariate regression results for each research question. Do not forget to evaluate if the correlation and bivariate regression assumptions are met and report the effect size. In your analysis, display the data for the output. Based on your results, provide an explanation of what the implications of social change might be.
Use proper APA format, citations, and referencing for your analysis, research question, and display of output.
Required media and readings
Laureate Education (Producer). (2016b). Correlation and bivariate regression [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 9 minutes.
In this media program, Dr. Matt Jones demonstrates correlation and bivariate regression using the SPSS software.
Wagner, W. E. (2016). Using IBMÂ® SPSSÂ® statistics for research methods and social science statistics (6th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Chapter 8, â€œCorrelation and Regression Analysisâ€
Frankfort-Nachmias, C., & Leon-Guerrero, A. (2018). Social statistics for a diverse society (8th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Chapter 12, â€œRegression and Correlationâ€ (pp. 325-371)