Assignment 4: Computer Forensic Tools
You have been recently hired to assist with purchasing computer forensics tools and resources for a major corporation. Using the concepts that you learned in chapters nine (9) through twelve (12) recommend specific tools that can be used for computer forensics investigation.
*I will summarize some specifics that can be found in some of the Chapters 9-12.
Write a 3-4 page paper in which you:
- Compare and contrast features and costs of at least two (2) programs that can be used to recover deleted files. Include the success rates and specific functions each program offers.
Chapter 9 summary of tools:
The Sleuth Kit, Disk Investigator, Undelete Plus, DiskDigger, Encase
- Specify the costs associated with purchasing two (2) tools that can be used to gather digital evidence from a cell phone. Include specific hardware or additional devices that will be required.
- Identify hourly costs associated with specific certified computer experts that can be used for forensics purposes and suggest a certified computer professional, you think, would be effective for a court case.
- Summarize a current event article based on how an experts deposition helped the case at trial. Include specifics on how the deposition was delivered and what was done to ensure that it was provided truthfully and concisely.
*Chapter 12 summary on Depositions and Trails- Experts should always remember the following: Apperance -corporate business attire, speak clear, concise, and confident to jury, be understandable as if you are teaching jury as a (subject matter) expert. Reamin calm, dont volunteer extra information. Always be honest and never guess.
- Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the students name, the professors name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate and explain the various methods of computer forensics and evidentiary gathering techniques.
- Describe the process of litigation and expert reports.
- Describe depositions and trial evidence.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in the investigation of computer crime.
- Write clearly and concisely about computer crime investigation topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.