Need help with this assignment.
*ALL CASE STUDIES ARE LOCATED IN APPENDIX A IN THE BACK OF THE BOOK. Once you click on Appendix A: Case Studies for Ethical Decision Making, you will then see a numbered list of all of the case studies.
You will need to call tech support if you have difficulties accessing the case studies.
Read Case Study 4 in the text.
Complete the Case Study 4 Worksheet.
Case Study Four Worksheet
Respond to the following questions in 1,500 to 1,750 words.
- Why is this an ethical dilemma? Which APA Ethical Principles help frame the nature of the dilemma?
- Does this situation meet the standards set by the duty to protect statue? How might whether or not Dr. Yeungâ€™s state includes researchers under such a statute influence Dr. Yeungâ€™s ethical decision making? How might the fact that Dr. Yeung is a research psychologist without training or licensure in clinical practice influence the ethical decision?
- How are APA Ethical Standards 2.01a b, and c; 2.04; 3.04; 3.06; 4.01; 4.02; and 10.10a relevant to this case? Which other standards might apply?
- What are Dr. Yeungâ€™s ethical alternatives for resolving this dilemma? Which alternative best reflects the Ethics Code aspirational principle and enforceable standard, as well as legal standards and Dr. Yeungâ€™s obligations to stakeholders?
- What steps should Dr. Yeung take to ethically implement her decision and monitor its effects?