bio 114 discussion 3 fats and health
In preparation for this discussion, please complete the MasteringBio Background Assignment, read the textbook essay, â€œFrom Trans Fats to Omega-3’s: Fats and Healthâ€ (pp. 54-55), and research any additional scientifically reliable online or printed resources.
Using information you have learned, construct a post addressing the following discussion points:
- Why are the four major groups of dietary fat classified in the essay in this particular order (~50-words)?
- Polyunsaturated fats containing omega-3 fatty acids
- Monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats that do not contain omega-3s
- Saturated fats
- Using your knowledge of lipid structure and properties and any other scientifically reliable online or printed resources, create a ~200-word explanation of how different types of dietary fat affect our cardiovascular health. (Hint: Use such key terms as â€œcholesterol,â€ â€œHDL,â€ â€œLDL,â€ and â€œarteries.â€) Make sure to use your own words and cite outside sources that you have used.
- In ~200 words, use the information provided in the essay and any other scientifically reliable online or printed resources to analyze your own diet in terms of types of fat and cardiovascular health.
- If your fat diet is not â€œheart-healthy,â€ provide specific recommendations on how to increase your consumption of polyunsaturated fats containing omega-3 fatty acids and decrease consumption of trans-fats. Take into account your taste preferences.
- If your fat diet is mostly â€œheart-healthy,â€ provide specific recommendations on how to increase consumption of polyunsaturated fats containing omega-3 fatty acids and decrease consumption of trans-fats for a family member or a friend. Take into account that personâ€™s taste preferences.
Review the responses of your fellow classmates and post your comments and reactions as appropriate. You are not expected to comment on everyoneâ€™s postings, only those that interest you (but a minimum of two). You should also reply to those who ask you questions.
Respond to TWO STUDENTS with 3-5 sentence
I will send when they post