one of the four case studies provided to analyze and reflect upon.
- Sarah is in the 7th grade. She has an intellectual disability. Her academic skills are at the 2nd grade level. She has significant speech delays. People who do not regularly interact with her have a difficult time understanding her. When Sarah is not able to communicate with others, she gets very frustrated and angry. This can lead to her becoming physically aggressive.
- Gabriel is in kindergarten. He has cerebral palsy and is in a wheelchair, wears a diaper, and is tube fed. He is nonverbal and is able to communicate some through eye contact. Gabriel can make choices between two things this way. He has very limited hand strength and needs to work on grasping things on his own.
- Micah is in the 11th grade. He has learning disabilities in the areas of written expression and reading comprehension and reads at the 9th grade level. Micah is very social and involved in extracurricular activities in school. He does not like to receive accommodations that make him stand out from his peers.
- Jacob is in the 5th grade. He has ADHD and an emotional/behavioral disorder. He gets along with very young kids and adults, but struggles with getting along with other kids his age. He is very aggressive and gets in people’s faces. Jacob does not pick up on social cues from others and does not recognize when he is making people uncomfortable. Jacob speaks very loudly. His academic skills are at the 3rd grade level. He does not put much effort into his work because he does not see the point in learning or going to school. His frustration can easily and quickly turn into a temper tantrum and it takes a very long time for him to calm down. A large part of his school day is spent working through emotional/behavioral issues.
Inclusion, Resource, and Self-Contained.
- Summarize the placement option and discuss why it would or would not work for the student in the case study.
- What type of related services would the student require and why?
- What type of technology could be used to support the student within assessment, planning, and delivery?
- What type of collaboration model would be appropriate for the student’s teachers to use and why?
- What type of classroom setting would be most appropriate for the student and why?
- Choose two of the CEC standards and discuss how they are applicable to the placement option you chose.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.