- 1 Browse the internet or the electronic databases that the University gives access to,https://www.nbu.bg/en/library/electronic-resources/databases/in-alphabetical-order, for example Jstor (or search the internet cites which give access to academic content) and find an academic article in a referred academic journal with at least 10 citations (the number of citations is presented by google just under the articleâ€™s title in a google search) on one of the following topics or key-words : bureaucracy, organizations, institutions, rationality, values, ideology, norms, anomie, conformity/deviance, functional analysis (functionalism), classical sociology. A lot of PDF full text articles are freely available on the Internet, but you will have a far more rich choice using the databases.
Give the correct references of the article.
- 2 Please read carefully the article and try first to well summarize its main idea and research question, before doing anything else.
- 3 Using font â€œTimes new Romanâ€, line spacing 1single, and font size 12 please prepare a 1200-word essay (around 3 pages) trying to fulfill the following requirements:
- What is the main idea and research question that the author/authors are trying to answer/prove? (300 words)
- What is his/hers theoretical framework (300 words)?
- What are the principle methods of argumentation? (research techniques, logical argumentation, types of evidence provided etc.) (200 words)
- Is the author critique towards some theoretical perspectives or other authors and which one? (200 words)
- Conclusion (200 words) Was the author convincing in his argumentation and what is the overall usefulness of his article? What is the main conclusion from your own perspective ?