For this assignment you are to create an Annotated Bibliography listing a minimum of 8-10 resources that provide the â€œevidenceâ€ to support your Learning Contract tasks and measures.
What is an Annotated Bibliography?
An annotated bibliography is composed of a list of citations to articles, books, documents and other media. Each citation is followed by a brief annotation, or descriptive and evaluative paragraph, that summarizes, clarifies and critiques the content its relevance, accuracy, and usefulness for a particular purpose (i.e., a particular research project, thesis, paper, etc.).
- The annotation should NOT be copied from the source or abstract, or include quoted material. You must read the entire reference item and synthesize its contents.
Thoroughly search the literature to find a variety of peer-reviewed, evidence-based sources applicable to your topic area. Consult a SPC librarian or your facilitator if you have difficulty locating applicable source material.
Use the following format for your Annotated Bibliography:
- Begin your Annotated Bibliography with a title that is reflective of the contents. For instance: Annotated Bibliography of Evidence Based Practices for Patient Satisfaction
- Each entry/article in your bibliography will contain a:
- full APA-style reference citation for the source
- 4-6 sentence annotation that provides a summary of that source and
- 2-4 sentence critique of its relevance and usefulness (i.e., â€¦provides excellent background information on the topic; the information is very basic and somewhat outdated; etc.).
- To conclude the bibliography, include a 200-300 word overall summary of the information you found (or gaps in the literature) and an indication of who might find the sources useful (i.e., these sources give relevant historical background on the development of evidence based practices for patient satisfaction for hospital administrators).
Note: include only those sources that you actually read in their entirety. Thus, if you were to include a book, your annotation should relate to the entire book (unless you are annotating a specific chapter).
As you construct your annotated bibliography, follow these guidelines:
1. Your sources must be varied, scholarly, and relevant to your project scope/field.
2. Your sources must have been published within the last five years (depending on the scope of your Learning Contract, your facilitator may make exceptions to this guideline).
3. Your annotated bibliography must be in APA style and format.
4. Include an appropriately formatted title page with your submission
5. **It is expected that you will correct any errors/inconsistencies on your Annotated Bibliography Assignment prior to resubmission for your measures.**