Analyze and discuss the current effects of IFRS on the pension reporting for Coca-Cola and PepsiCo at 2009 year-end..
Recent events in the world of corporate finance have shown the importance of proper administration and funding of corporate pension plans. Evaluate the information in the Comparative Analysis Case of Coca-Cola and PepsiCo found in the bookâ€™s companion Website for Chapter 20.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
1. Analyze and discuss the current effects of IFRS on the pension reporting for Coca-Cola and PepsiCo at 2009 year-end.
2. Calculate the funding levels and capital gains experienced by Coca-Cola and PepsiCo in their respective pension funds.
3. Analyze which of the two (2) companies had a more secure pension fund, and explain why.
4. Evaluate how the status of the pension fund affects the level of risk that must be reported in the annual report. Justify your answer.
5. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
â€¢Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
â€¢Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
â€¢Demonstrate the proper accounting for investments, revenue recognition, income taxes, pensions and postretirement benefits, leases, and accounting changes and error analysis, including the required journal entries and supporting calculations.
â€¢Analyze the reasons for and evaluate the importance of proper accounting for selected areas, such as: investments, revenue recognition, income taxes, pensions and postretirement benefits, leases, and accounting changes and error analysis, including the required journal entries and supporting calculations.
â€¢Use technology and information resources to research issues in intermediate accounting
â€¢Write clearly and concisely about intermediate accounting using proper writing mechanics.