A behavior, event, trend.
A behavior, event, trend
Write an 800 – 900 word essay in which you discuss causes related to your Major Research Paper topic.
According to ch.10 of CEL, “This chapter will help you focus on a particular topic (a behavior, event, trend), discover a possible cause, and then develop an argument in favor of that particular cause.” Your main question in this essay is, “Why, why, why?” Refer to the Point of Contact on p.334 for some sample questions, and consider how you can use this piece to introduce current events or contemporary issues, to which you can then ask, “How did we get here?” Remember, you are still using the object/topic that you began with in your Observation paper as your starting point here. Also, while the whole chapter is of value, be sure to pay particular attention to the Rhetorical Tools described on p.342 and 343.
• Introduction (brief)
• Thesis statement
• Summary of the situation
• Several body paragraphs incorporating the Rhetorical Tools on p.342 and 343 in CEL
• MLA-formatted Works Cited (at least four sources)
o Three sources must come from the SVSU databases. These may be scholarly journals or periodicals like daily newspapers or magazines.
o One source must be a non-internet, non-database source. This might include an interview with a professional, a DVD, a book, etc.
• A header with your name, the date, the course and a title
• Three full pages (approximately 800 to 900 words)
• Double spaced
• Typed using 12-point Times font
• 1-inch margins
• An MLA-formatted Works Cited on the last page with at least three sources
Grades will be based on the 111 Rubric available on our VSpace site.
This assignment will address the following course outcomes:
1. Use writing processes that develop exploratory drafts into revised prose for specific audiences, including the ability to:
1. Plan, organize, and structure writing to develop a focus and purpose
2. Use specific and credible evidence to support positions in a convincing manner
3. Review, critique, revise
4. Edit writing to conform to the general conventions of Standard English.
2. Produce formal college-level essays that exhibit the requisite skills to attain a C level or better on the course rubric.
3. Conduct introductory library and other research, integrate facts and evidence from multiple sources, and document appropriately.
4. Read critically and analyze material written for multiple audiences and purposes.
TO ORDER FOR THIS QUESTION OR A SIMILAR ONE, CLICK THE ORDER NOW BUTTON AND ON THE ORDER FORM, FILL ALL THE REQUIRED DETAILS THEN TRACE THE DISCOUNT CODE,
TYPE IT ON THE DISCOUNT BOX AND CLICK ON ‘USE CODE’ TO EFFECT YOUR DISCOUNT. THANK YOU