Module 1 Discussion – HIS Technology
Find a website from either a major corporation that manufactures and sells HIS equipment or a large health care facility that effectively utilizes various HIS technologies. Does either of these companies allow health information to be shared across the internet? Do you think that information within a large facility should be shared across the internet to facilities that are close and far? Why or why not? Please include the website used in your posting in a references section.
Once you have found your website, consider also this video, does this change your outlook?
- To avoid point loss, carefully follow all assignment instructions and rubric guidelines
- Review this Discussion Sample to get a better sense of what is expected of your discussion content and participation
- Complete your original post of 175 words before 11:30 p.m. Thursday, EST
- Complete at least 2 peer replies of a minimum of 75 words before 11:30 p.m. Sunday, EST
- Note that responses to instructor comments do not count toward the minimum number of peer replies
- Be sure to include at least one reference (both in-text and references section entry) to your course readings; outside references are encouraged but you must have at least one to course readings.
- Provide properly formatted citations/references for all source material (see HSA Style Guide)
- Do not use any quoted or copied material.
One source must be from this textbook : I have included a few screen shots of CH 1 and 2 if you do not have access to the book.
- Balgrosky, J. (2011). Essentials of health information systems and technology. Jones & Bartlett Learning. ISBN: 9781284036114